ACADEMIC PLANNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Academic Planning Unit (APU) is an integral arm of the Office of the Rector and it is headed by a Head, who reports directly to the Rector. The Unit was established in September 2017 and saddled with the responsibility to co-ordinate and restructure academic activities of the Polytechnic in compliance with NBTE standards. APU was also established to address issues of data collection and analysis, as well as drawing useful inference for management decisions.
MANDATES (CORE FUNCTIONS) OF FEDPOLEL APU
The functions of the Academic Planning Unit of Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji are:
- Collection, organization, summary, presentation, analysis, and interpretation of data for effective management decisions.
- Ensuring compliance with Global Academic Standards and NBTE’s Basic Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS).
- To develop and manage curricula for emanating academic programmes of the Polytechnic.
- To plan and review the academic programmes of the Polytechnic in conformity with existing Academic Brief.
- To ensure effective allocation and utilization of academic resources for optimal output.
- Participating in the preparation of the Polytechnic Annual Budget.
- Coordination of accreditation and re-accreditation programmes of the Polytechnic.
- Liaising with external bodies such as NBTE, TETFUND, etc for Students and Staff development.
- Ensuring availability and proper use of teaching aids and conducive environment for learning.
- Provision of secretarial services to the Development, Research Grant, Staff Housing Loans, TETFUND, Strategic Planning, Appointment and Accreditation committees of the Polytechnic.
- Preparation of Strategic Plan and ensuring Polytechnic’s implementation of the provisions of such plan.
- Evaluation of request and seeking for affiliation from other higher institutions.
- Establishing and maintaining co-operation and collaboration with various Institutions (both local and international) with similar goals for mutual benefits and development.
PROFILE OF THE HEAD, ACADEMIC PLANNING UNIT (APU)
Dr. T. N. Dahunsi is the Pioneer Head, Academic Planning Unit. His appointment took effect from 12th October, 2017. Dr. Dahunsi was born at Inisa, Osun State on 4th April, 1970. He obtained the West African School Certificate of examinations from Onaolapo Memorial Secondary School, Ikirun, Osun State, in 1988. Thereafter, he attended Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife for the Bachelor of Arts Degree in English Language, which he bagged at Upper Division Level in 1997. He attended Aston University, Birmigham, Uk, where he bagged a Master of Arts degree in Forensic Linguistic in 2012.
He also attended the National University of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi, India, where he was awarded the International Diploma in Educational Planning and Administration in 2013. In 2017, he obtained Ph.D in English Language from the University of Ilorin Kwara State. Dr. Dahunsi possesses other numerous certificates including five (5) Modular Certificates awarded by the National Universities Commissions Virtual Institute for Higher Education Pedagogy (2004); Certificate in Electronic Data Processing awarded by Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife (1996); Certificate of Participation in a 2-week Summer School in Applied Linguistic held at the University of Birmingham (UK). He is currently a Lecturer I in the General Studies Department of the Polytechnic. He is a Member of the Association of Nigeria Universities Professional Administrations (ANUPA), Institute of strategic Management (ISM), International Association of Teachers of English as a foreign Language and the British Association of Applied Linguistic (BAAL).