The Legal Unit is within the Rectory of the Polytechnic. The Unit is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Polytechnic in line with its mandate.
It alsoassists the Management in the interpretation of extant laws and regulations guiding the operations of the Polytechnic.
1. Proffers legal advice to the Polytechnic on general issues and academic related matters when the need arises.
2. Drafts legal documents (such as Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, Bonds, etc.) for the Polytechnic.
3. Advises the Polytechnic on content of contract agreements between the Polytechnic and other parties.
4. Makes report to the Management on legal proceedings involving the Polytechnic in law courts.
5. Advises the Polytechnic on the choice and responsibilities of external solicitors for the purpose of retainership.
6. Writes legal opinions on issues that relate to the mandate and operations of the Polytechnic.
7. Serves on some Committees of the Polytechnic where legal advice will be needed.
1. Barr. Adewoye Adebimpe
2. Barr. Obaseki Oluwadara